When it's Aidiladha, I always think it is a holiday and there's nothing much too it.
Cause my family wasn't the kind where we celebrate Aidiladha as grand as Aidilfitrie.
But when it's Aidiladha,we often hear the story of our Prophet Ibrahim and his sacrifice.
Everytime I hear this story, I always think WOW! His dedication is something admirable.
And when I think of sacrifice, i think about my parents sacrificing their time n money for us five siblings and how can i be the same when i have my own family someday.
This year has been different, when i think of sacrifice, i think about my parents n the time i had to sacrifice my trip to Korea because of my heart surgery.
Well, my friends and I have been planning for this trip for almost a year. If you are among my friends, you'll know I'm obsessed with KPOP songs and Kdrama. And going to Korea will be a dream come true.
However, a day before my trip, I received a call from the hospital that my turn was up to go through surgery (cause I was on the waiting list for quite some time). If I decline this call, I'll never know when the next date for my surgery. Maybe I have to wait another year for my name to come up again. So I was in dilemma, and I tell you It was the worst! It's either going there and have fun with friends and not knowing when is the next date of my surgery. Or go through with the surgery and I have to sacrifice all the money I spend in buying tickets to go there. Either or, I still need to go through surgery. It's a heart surgery! After a long discussion with family and friends and I think, it's a matter of health and we can find money anywhere. I chose my heart and not Korea.
The dilemma I went through, the sacrifice I made.. Sometimes it's difficult to choose which one to sacrifice. Will it be worth it? What happens next? It's hard and scary at the same time. I'm thankful cause I have a very understanding friends and supportive family. Either one I choose, I know I will feel safe.
And now I wonder the feeling of other people who went through a bigger sacrifice than mine?