Wednesday, February 22, 2012

School Placement Week 1

Photobucket

I went to my final year school placement today.
The school was in Redruth, Truro which was 1hour and half from Marjon.
And i need to wake up at 530am to get ready to be there.
Just to let you know, i'm not a morning person.

My friends and I went there by car.
Almost threw up in the car, but i held it in.
I think maybe because i felt it was kinda stuffy and the road was ziggity zagg.
I felt that it was not gonna be a good day.

However, we were welcomed by a friendly teacher.
He made me observe Math classes for the whole day.
And it made me reminisce all the Math formulas i learnt before.
It was very refreshing. haha.

There was one boy and his friend named Barney.
I helped them in answering Math questions.
That boy was bleeding on his cheek, i smiled.
because it wasn't serious, he just popped his acne.
So cute! Plus, his voice was very cartoonish.

He really was eager to learn Math when i helped him.
That moment touched me, aaaahh!! what a nice feeling.
A student really wanted to learn, from me. I just smiled.
Then, his friend Barney, happily said his birthday is tomorrow.
I said to him that i wouldn't be around tomorrow, but i'll sing you a birthday song today. He was a bit confused.
I sang "HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!"
He smiled. Another accomplishment for me, a future teacher.

There was another moment where i helped one student.
I asked him "What is 3 x 7?"
He answered 19????
Then i looked at him.. 'are you sure about it?? think carefully."
AAAAaaa, it's 21.
And i clapped at his answer. I was very proud of him.
Even though it wasn't much. I felt.. AAAAAaaaahh, what a nice feeling.


(^______^)


p/s: it wasn't a bad day at all. alhamdulillah...